Above is my project.
I'll take a peek now. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can identify the issue quickly.
Hi Ginny Wautlet,
Take another look at your Data relationship again. I noticed that one of your data relationship columns has no data in it. Since we're trying to create matches between the source and destination data sets, this is likely going to be an issue.
If that doesn't completely resolve it, take another look at your filters in the from... you've specified what it shouldn't be, but not what it should be. Maybe consider adding one more filter that tell apptio that the vendor data should be in this allocation.
That's a hint to point you in the right direction. Please mark this correct if that resolves it for you or let us know if you need a little more help.
The vendor costs are flowing. However, I am still challenged with the Other Cost Pool not flowing. I don’t see a common field to use between the IT Towers List and CP Sub Tower Mapping files.
Ah! You do know about Ask an Instructor! :-) nice working with you in Lab Assist. I will reply to you here once I determine the issue with the now over allocation of Other Cost Pools.
I am trying to run through the report building; however, it requires that I have storage and server tables that I do not have in my environment. Did I miss a step?
As we discussed in lab assist just now, go back to the reporting lesson and it's a simulation so try clicking in the video and it should respond. Let us know if that's working for you. Based on the internet slowness you were having, it may be difficult to complete using a slow connection so if you have another faster location where you can go through that course, I recommend you complete it there.
Hi Ginny, is this for a different class? We don't build any report in the Installing and Configuring CT (Backpack 1) or CT Apps and Services (Backpack 4). If you are working on reporting, typically that is an instructor led class and you get a separate base project that does contain the storage and server tables you need to build the reports. Can you clarify which reports you're trying to build or which class you're working on?
We talked about it in the lab assist. She's clear on the reporting course now. Thx Deb!
There are several things going on in your project Ginny. Let's look at Vendors: Two things are not working there:
1) Starting at the top of the allocation and working down, I like to check the From conditions. To do that, I add the columns for each variable in the condition: Is Vendor, Is Labor and Is Project. Then filter the column based on the variable's condition. See the screen shot below for what happens when I filter for Is Vendor = Yes. There are no values. Therefore it makes sense that there are no dollars flowing. Now we need to track down why there are no Yes values in the Is Vendor column. This column is in the Cost Source Master Data table - we appended our actual table to this table. If I look at the Is Vendor column that was appended, it is generating a value based on a formula that we had to write. So we need to go check the formula. It has a typo in the word Application. When we fix that, we do get Yes values so now the allocation has dollars that are recognized as Vendor dollars that can be sent. (I corrected that typo for you.)
As for the over allocated Other Cost Pools object. I reviewed it multiple times and it appeared correct but was obviously wrong since it had almost double the amount of dollars we actually even have in our Cost Source object. So, I created it again - remember I talked you through adding that allocation during lab assist - so I create a new allocation and set the same conditions and it is allocating correctly. I do not know what cause the dramatic over allocation but I deleted that allocation and left you with the new correctly allocating object.
Let me know if you have questions about the above explanations.
Retrieving data ...