I'm on page 33 of the case study and have attached a screen shot. Here is the link to my project:
Thank you for your help!
I took a look and I think I see the issue. First I filtered out all the nulls (the things that are not labor) in the allocation screen and I can see that the budget values are all $0. In otherwords I have nothing to allocate. That sends me back to look at the data.
I took a look next at the master data to see what you had mapped to see if I could figure out why there were no budget dollars, I was thinking maybe you hadn't mapped expense type or something... but as I was scrolling through your OpEx Budget file in the mapping screen, I noticed a formula error. Notice in the Is Labor column, what I see in there, rather than the results of the formula, is just the formula repeated in each row.
This means there is a problem with the formula, and when it just repeats my formula, I usually know that I've forgotten my "=" sign in my formula. So I went back to the OpEx Budget file and checked the formulas in the transform pipeline, and sure enough, there is no = sign in the formula. I didn't test it, because I wanted to let you fix it, but I think that will resolve your issue. Basically what's happening, is that your Is Labor file for all your budget data is being interpreted as No... so Apptio thinks none of your budget data should be Labor. Once you correct that, Apptio should be able to identify which line items are Labor and pass them up appropriately.
Let us know if that works!
Hmmm. Good question Michelle! I just took a peek before class to see if there was something obvious. Not obvious! I'll be able to dig into more detail after my class today and will get back to you. It's possible one of my colleagues may have time to dig in before I do. Whomever it is, we will get back to you!
That did it, thank you!
Great Michelle! i'm glad.
Retrieving data ...