I can't see the value allocated to the Labor table, on the model summary, it says labor status is broken. See attachment
Thanks for using the Ask an Instructor page. We are happy to help, but we'll need to look at your project to investigate. Please provide a link to your project here in this thread. You do not need to include your password. For training environments only, all instructors have the ability to access student projects with our permissions. Just by looking at the screenshot you provided, the first thing I'd check is whether you installed the Labor component in step 3 of the student guide. Not having a labor component might produce an error like that. If that doesn't solve it, just copy your URL into this thread and one of us will be happy to review your project. You can also join a Lab Assist session where you can get live help from an instructor. We have them almost every day, and you can check the times in ApptioU if you scroll down the page in your Data Backpack section. These times are shown based on my settings of Pacific time... you should see them in whatever time zone you have your ApptioU profile set to.
Thank you Debbie!
Below is my project link:
I can see whats wrong, the issue is that you don't have the Labor object in the Tables Area of your model. I'm not sure how it got deleted, but that's what has happened. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get it back for you. Hang in there.
I don't know whether it is me eventually deleted the object. Because I follow one of the video and created 3 new tables in "General" category. but since I find I don't need these in the homework part, so I go to General and delete the "Labor" table, the pop up message asked me if I want to delete Labor, but I don't know whether it is a table or object or anything. I don't know if this information is useful. But I want to give you this information.
Yes, I think that is what caused it, we don't want to delete any of the tables or objects that Apptio installs for us automatically. I've got one of my Support colleagues looking at it to see if we can find a way to restore that Labor object. I'll let you know as soon as we know more. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry about that :-(
No Problem, we'll see if we can find a way to get it sorted for you so you don't have to do a bunch of rework. If it's getting close to the time when your project is due to expire, let us know and Jenny Goodwin and I can work together to ensure you have a few more days.
Jenny knows about the issue, I sent her the message on Monday.
But if it is too cumbersome, just let me know if I need to start a new project to finish the homework or a new account.
It would probably be easier to start a new project, if you don't mind. There is no easy way to get it back and since we'd have to roll back to a point in time, you might end up reloading a bunch of data and recreating several of your formulas anyway.
you could just create it in your same environment and give it a different name.
I tried to roll it back to just before you deleted the Labor object but was unable to do so. I'm sorry, but I do think you'll need to create a new project. My Support colleague and I made sure that there is a ticket in the system to set up some guardrails to prevent this from happening in the future. We hope to see it resolved in one of the new couple releases.
Thank you for trying to restore the object for me.
Ok, I will start a new project.
And yes, I think it will be great to have the authorization restricted of certain role to remove the object accidentally.
Thank you very much for the support!
Thanks for your understanding.
Retrieving data ...