One of the benefits of earning Elite TBMA Certification, is access to events exclusively for Elite TBMAs, such as the first ever Elite TBMA Online Global Forum this December. If you're an ETBMA, you may already be saving the date from our discussion back in Sept, but you'll also receive an invitation via email.
December 6 and 7, 2017
(2 hours both days + a few hours of self-study)
The online forum will be an opportunity for you to network with other ETBMAs around the world while brushing up on your advanced TBMA skills. We'll hear from a few guest speakers and get a chance to work together on a troubleshooting scenario that will also become part of the ETBMA 2017 to 2018 bridge exam. Thus, if you plan to upgrade to ETBMA 2018, participating in this event serves as a great study session. You can learn more about the 2018 certification upgrade here.
While ETBMA 2017 is R11 focused, the ETBMA 2018 certification path will allow you to choose. You'll be able to earn ETBMA 2018 for R11 or R12. Consequently, during our Online Global Forum, you will be able to work in either an R11 or R12 training environment. I just need to know which one, so we can set it up for you.
If you're planning to attend, here's what you need to do to prepare:
- Make certain you've earned your ETBMA 2017 by Dec 1
- Follow the instructions in your event invitation to register
- Including letting us know if you'd like an R11 or R12 environment. Remember, we'll be doing advanced work, so only request R12 if you have experience on that release.
- Prepare 1 slide with a tip or trick that helps you as a TBMA. Anything that you've found useful or that makes your job a little easier works (even if it's your Starbucks order, we're not here to judge ;-)
- Send your slide to me (email@example.com) by Dec 4
Elite TBMAs represent some of the smartest and best TBMAs in the world, but in my experience, you all are also just generally great to work with, so having a group of you in the same session is going to be a lot fun. I hope to see you there. Let me know what questions you have the in the comments.
Special thanks to the team of experts helping us craft the exercises for this event and the ETBMA 2018 examinations: Christopher Davidson Joen Meier Olsen, Jonathan Strauss, Michael Moulsdale, Tim Scammell, Chris Rhoades
ETBMAs I can't wait to get you together next week. We just added some new guests and product experts to our roster. The superb Libby Christensen and one or two folks from the Sean Ingalls Customer Engineering Team! These product experts can spend up to an hour with us on Wednesday. What questions do you have for them? Specific questions are OK and will help all of us learn. Things like:
- How do I best allocate this particular spend?
- How do I address recursive allocations or orphaned allocations and why would I need to do that?
- Tell me more about this new feature, I've been hearing about.
are all fair game. This is a great chance to get some expert help. What do you want to ask? Let me know ahead of time firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what else we're planning: