The TBM Council is proud to offer an education and certification program to help provide the verifiable knowledge and skills needed to initiate and run a successful TBM program and to drive a business transformation within IT. The TBM Executive Foundation course is an important step in your career as both a TBM leader and an IT, finance or business executive.
The following steps should be taken to become a Certified TBM Executive per the TBM Council's TBM Executive Foundation Certificate program and syllabus.
- Meet or be on a path to meeting the Professional Experience and Education requirements set forth in the syllabus. These allow some flexibility, depending on whether or not you have a college degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent). We encourage professionals who are early in their career (e.g., recent college graduates) and are in a TBM-related role to take the course, even though they may be two years away from meeting their experience requirements.
- Take the TBM Executive Foundation Certification course offered by the TBM Council or any TBM Council Accredited Education Provider. The price of the course includes the license fees necessary for certification and verification along with two years of certification maintenance.
- Pay for and complete the TBM Executive Foundation Certification exam with a score of 70% or better. When taking the exam, you will be asked to provide your full name, as you'd like it to appear on the certificate. We recommend First Middle Last or First Middle-Initial Last. You will also be asked if the TBM Council may list your name and your company name on our web site, such as those listed here.
- Verify you meet the Professional Experience and Education requirements by following the steps described here.
Upon completing these steps, it may take 3-4 weeks for the TBM Council to complete its process and issue an electronic certificate document and number (format CTBME-99999). Upon fulfilling all requirements, you will receive the following:
- An electronic (PDF) certificate that you can print and/or keep for your records.
- A certificate number in the format CTBME-99999. This number is unique to each certified executive.
- A logo and a banner you can use in your communications such as your email footer, LinkedIn profile, etc.
If you have any questions about these steps or the certification program in general, please contact us at email@example.com.