- Are Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits offered for this class?
- What is the cancellation policy for the TBM Executive Foundation Certification classes?
- Is the Certified TBM Executive (CTBME) exam part of the course?
- Where can I find the course calendar?
- Can I get certified by the TBM Council without taking the course?
- How do I login to access the WebEx or for the exam?
- How do I join the WebEx for class?
- How do I download the class materials?
- How do I purchase a hard copy of the student guide?
- How do I add this class to my calendar software?
- Which browser should I use for the best experience?
Are Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits offered for this class?
Apptio University, a TBM Council Accredited Education provider, provides Evidence of Course Completion to all students who are present for all days of a course. For example, the TBM Executive Foundation course is four days, so students must be present for all four days in order to receive evidence of course completion. We do not offer "partial" evidence. The evidence provides a complete description of the time spent in the class and the topics covered.
Students may then submit the Evidence to their certification authorities (e.g., PMI for Project Management Professional, state boards of accountancy for CPA, etc.) to get credit towards the re-certification. We are unable to guarantee that the course will count for credits; the determination is made by each authority. However, we have had students successfully submit our Evidence to receive credits for state CPA licenses and Project Management Professional, among others.
Note that different certifications or licenses often use different terms for continuous education, including Continuous Professional Education (CPE), Continuous Learning Points (CLP), and Continuous Education Units (CEU).
What is the cancellation policy for the TBM Executive Foundation Certification classes?
Registered students may cancel without penalty up to ten days prior to the start date of a class. In doing so, those registrants have the option to receive a full refund or a credit for the same class to be used within the following 90 days.
Registrants that cancel after ten days prior to the start date of a class will receive credit for the same class. The credit must be used to register within the following 90 days.
Is the Certified TBM Executive (CTBME) exam part of the course?
Yes when you purchase the course you will also have access to the exam. Upon completion of the course the exam will unlock allowing you to access the exam.
Where can I find the course calendar?
You can find it here.
Can I get certified by the TBM Council without taking the course?
At this time, the course is a prerequisite for getting certified. While many professionals have strong backgrounds in IT financial management, IT service management, business relationship management, and related disciplines, few have practiced all the disciplines of the holistic TBM framework. The TBM Council and their board of directors agree that the best way to learn the TBM framework is to take the course with experienced instructors and a room of your peers. The questions, exercises and dialog are as important to the education process as the core curriculum itself. Furthermore, at this time, the exam is not proctored and therefore cannot be the only assurance of a professional's education. As a result, certification candidates are required to participate in all 16 hours of training.
How do I login to access the WebEx or for the exam?
- If you haven't received an email containing your login credentials for our learning management system please check your spam/junk folder for an email with subject line: Welcome to the Certified TBM Executive Foundation Certification Course!
- If you have access to Apptio University through your AAEP or have access to Learn@Apptio you will login using those credentials.
How do I join the WebEx for class?
How do I download the class materials?
- While viewing the course, select the CONTENT tab.
How do I purchase a hard copy of the student guide?
How do I add this class to my calendar software?
Please note these instructions are for Outlook.
You will need to login to join class but these steps allow you to put a placeholder on your calendar.
- Select the 3 stripe icon in the upper left corner and select My Calendar
- Select EXPORT and copy the link
- Go into your calendar and select Open Calendar > From Internet
- Paste the link and select ok
Which browser should I use for the best experience?
The latest versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (Preferred)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org