This is once again a very busy and awesome time of year for us at the Council. We continue to make great progress in putting together an amazing global conference. But I know there are many of you who may be asking yourself, why should I attend?
With a little bit of tongue-in-cheek, here are my top 10 reasons:
10. San Diego is close to the border. Bring your family and head out of the country if you don't like the outcome of the election! (I'm kidding, you still have a few months to leave, but I promise we'll have a lot of fun that night with our annual awards.)
9. Speaking of awards, our annual Awards Ceremony is always a highlight of the year. It's like the Oscars for IT and finance leaders. We even have our very own auditing firm, KPMG!
8. Learn how FedEx optimizes its IT supply chain. FedEx's CIO, Rob Carter, will share his vision, and several of his team members will be sharing how they make it a reality with TBM.
7. See how AIG is instilling a Silicon Valley mindset in its technology division. TBM helps Global CTO Mike Brady make this happen.
6. Discover the future of TBM software and methodology. As the technical advisor of the TBM Council, Apptio will show where they are headed and why you should care.
5. Learn why two healthcare systems are moving to a chargeback model. In one innovative session, TBM leaders at Intermountain Healthcare and Ascension Health will describe how they've approached this transition and why. I heard them speak together earlier this year: it's a topic worth seeing, even if you're not in healthcare.
4. Three fascinating CIOs will share how they advance business value with TBM. You'll hear how they've reshaped their teams, focused on strategic priorities including adopting the cloud and accelerated innovation. Cool stuff.
3. Learn how TBM is being used to fight the war on cancer. Seriously, we have execs representing three different cancer-fighting centers talking about how they use TBM to improve value. And value means fighting cancer!
2. Cruise the San Diego Bay! We've got a lovely evening planned for Wednesday.
1. Get certified in TBM! The TBM Council is launching its TBM Certification program at this year's conference. Learn more at https://www.cvent.com/c/express/c1f21622-6f26-4d52-821b-eb017f8cafbd.
Why register today? There is a $500 discount available for a limited time! Learn more and register at http://tbmcouncil.org/events/tbmconference-2016/.
I look forward to seeing you in San Diego!