I'm thrilled to announce that nominations are now open for the third-annual TBM Awards. These awards, driven by the Technology Business Management (TBM) Council, honor IT and finance leaders for their ingenuity, creativity, and contribution to the TBM discipline.
You can submit your nomination for an IT or finance leader, or an organization for recognition. But hurry - the TBM Council will be accepting submissions through June 28, 2015.
What are the TBM Awards?
TBM is a methodology and discipline for managing the business of IT. These awards recognize the profound impact that these technology leaders have on their organization by empowering operational excellence, business innovation, business transformation, and TBM best practices.
The TBM Awards were established to recognize strategic and operational excellence in five distinct areas:
- Business Innovation: Recognizing CIOs, CTOs and CFOs who help their technology organizations drive or empower business innovation.
- Infrastructure Trailblazing: Celebrating CTOs and/or SVPs of Infrastructure who have leveraged infrastructure engineering for a new level of business results.
- IT Services Transformation: Honoring CIOs and other executives who have transformed IT from a technology-focused, order-taking organization into a strategic business partner that brings the value of IT to the business.
- CFO of IT Excellence: Recognizing finance leaders with IT responsibilities who drive an IT financial strategy that matches the demands of the organization.
- TBM Championship: Commending leaders who champion TBM initiatives, institutionalizing it as a methodology and functional role within their organizations.
Expert Panel of Judges
Winners will be highlighted during the TBM Conference 2015 on October 27 at the historic Field Museum in Chicago. Entries will be evaluated by a committee of industry-leading technologists in both academia and business. This year's judging panel includes:
- Todd Tucker, General Manager, TBM Council
- George Westerman, Research Scientist, MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy
- Martha Heller, President, Heller Search Associates
- Carl Stumpf, Managing Director, CME Group
- Alex Mueller-Herbst, Partner, ISG
Each year, we are blown away by the level of innovation and creativity Council members demonstrate through their application of the TBM discipline. I encourage you to nominate technology leaders that have demonstrated success in the award areas and seize the opportunity to be recognized among industry leaders and peers!