There is no industry group on the planet better positioned to understand intimately those qualities that make an exemplary IT or finance leader – one that has put forth specific initiatives and efforts to transform their organizations -- than those of you who are members of the TBM Council.
As Technology Business Management practitioners, you understand what it takes to move the needle in your IT organization, your finance organization, or your organization as a whole. You’ve put your considerable efforts behind TBM initiatives – it’s been a journey, of course – and there may still more of the path to travel. But you’ve had successes (some big huge successes). Or you’ve learned best practices from colleagues and you’re putting them to the test.
As a TBM Council member, now is your chance to recognize those efforts – either your colleagues or your own – through the TBM Award nominations. Winners will be announced at a gorgeous conference venue in Miami, with nearly one thousand of your peers in attendance.
On that note, the TBM Council Board Members and I are delighted to announce the official opening of the 2nd annual TBM Awards nominations. Click here to read about this year’s categories and submit your nomination.
We’ve created five awards to honor IT and finance leaders for their ingenuity, creativity and contribution to the emerging field of Technology Business Management. The awards recognize the profound impact that these professionals have on their organizations by empowering digital, infrastructure and IT transformation, organizational innovation and TBM vision and establishment.
Last year’s TBM Awards winners included leaders from eBay, Goldman Sachs and Amerisource Bergen, First American and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
The 2014 TBM Award categories recognize, in other words, those on the bleeding edge of today’s rapidly changing business environment, regardless of industry sector. They include:
- Digital Innovator Award: Recognizing CXOs that think differently about their business - through a digital innovation lens.
- Infrastructure Trailblazer Award: Recognizing technology leaders who have leveraged infrastructure engineering for a new level of business results.
- IT Transformation Award: Recognizing leaders who have transformed IT from a technology focused organization into a strategic business partner.
- IT Financial Pioneer Award: Recognizing finance leaders who drive an IT financial strategy that matches the new demands of the IT organization.
- TBM Champion Award: Recognizing TBM leaders at the forefront of institutionalizing TBM as a methodology within their organizations.
Launched at the 2013 inaugural TBM Conference, our prestigious winners included individuals and teams that accomplished great things through the implementation of TBM methodologies: eBay won the Operational Excellence Award; Goldman Sachs won the Business Innovation award; First American won the Business Transformation Award; The Gates Foundation and Amerisource Bergen won the Director’s Award (two separate awards were given). Click here to read more about their achievements.
This year, the TBM Council has appointed industry recognized technology executives and thought leaders to serve on the TBM Awards selection committee, including:
- Richard Gilbert | Former CTO / SVP Technology Services, SunTrust Bank
- Julie Flaschenriem | Former CIO, Park Nicollet Health Services
- Dean Nelson | Vice President, Global Foundation Services, EBAY
- Larry Godec | CIO, First American
- Martha Heller | President, Heller Search Associates
- George Westerman | Research Scientist, MIT Sloan
- Brian Watson | IT Leadership Author, Editor & Analyst
- Romi Mahajan | President KKM Group, Investor, Author, IT Strategist
- Nigel Hughes | Partner, Information Services Group
- Steve Bates | Principal, Advisory KPMG
Please join us in recognizing your peers for their remarkable efforts. Nominations will be accepted through Sunday, August 17, 2014. Click here to visit the TBM Awards website and submit your nomination.
Finalists will be announced on Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
Winners will be revealed at the TBM Awards Ceremony on October 28, during the 2014 TBM Conference in Miami.