Apptio provides visibility into not only the total cost of an application or service but the underlying drivers of that cost; this visibility enables identifying outliers and drilling into the details of application cost. Insights gained through spend analysis highlight problem areas and improvement opportunities, for which targeted corrective actions can be evaluated, for example:
- Adjusting service levels to reduce costs of an app or service
- Improving ROA and avoiding/delaying capital spend by eliminating or re-purposing underutilized assets
- Right-sizing HW and SW configurations based on cost and performance requirements
- Evaluating different sourcing options (e.g., on-prem vs. cloud)
- Directing resources to highest priority applications
- Delaying planned investments not critical to business
Application costs are calculated on an-going basis, ensuring that TCO figures are up-to-date and reflect current costs and conditions.
That's pretty heady stuff. Before you can do all of that you will need to configure the Apptio model.
In this course, you upload the necessary data for apps and services, configure your data, map data to master data sets and configure your allocations. The work stream you follow is the recommended step-by-step process that you should implement during a real world Apps and Services configuration. The purpose of this course is to provide you with hands-on experience so you can contribute, as a customer, partner or Apptio employee, to the varying twists and turns of an actual Apps and Services project.