Are you a TBMA who is ready to learn how to create custom reports based on your Cost Transparency project? Are you being asked for additional reports on your Storage Towers and Data Centers among other things? Then the CTF Reporting courses are perfect for you.
We've streamlined the series to ensure you get the same value in less time.
Reporting: Part 1 is 3 hours a d for 3 days and replaces the content that was formerly in the Reporting 1 and 2 courses. In the new Reporting: Part 1 course, you'll learn the basics and create your first reports. Some of the skills you'll learn in this class are:
- Adding informative title blocks to your reports
- Adding KPIs with directional arrows (updated for version 11.6+)
- Filtering report components
- Adding your report to a report collection
- Changing the colors of components
- Creating overlay charts (updated for 11.6+)
You'll employ reporting best practices along the way to supply adequate context for the data, effectively highlight what is important to your audience, and employ appropriate use of color in your report.
Reporting: Part 2 is also 3 hours a day for 3 days and replaces the former Reporting:Part 3 course. In this course, you'll create a series of reports containing information about the costs of your Data Centers while practicing skills you learned in Reporting:Part 1. In building these reports you'll work from a high level overview and drill in to greater detail as you go. As you do so, you'll learn about:
- Creating KPIs with primary and secondary values
- Defining a Custom Perspective for one stop report creation
- Using Masters to ensure consistency in your reports
- Leverage Report Security to define who can see which reports and which components.
- Create drill-to reports that enable you to drill-in to greater levels of detail
- Use the Apptio Data Path to display dynamic information in your reports.
I'm the course developer, Debbie Hagen, and I hope you’ll let me know what you think once you've attended the courses.